Searching Highlited text

SridharO

Idea

I understand Evernote focusses a lot on quick and powerful search of all notes in our account.  Evernote also provides an option to Highlight strings of text that the user considers is important. however, there is no easy way to fetch these highlighted notes back ( let me know if there is one ! )

Highlighted notes are super important pieces of information in our important notes. Something like show my highlights in all my notes or search within highlighted text only should serve this purpose. 

This applies to Entire suite of Evernote applications not just the Windows - but my primary device is a Windows Laptop followed by a Mac and Android phone.

3 replies to this idea

Agreed. I would like to see

• Search for highlighted text
  • Show just the highlighted text (not the full note)
  • Save search results as separate note with links from the highlighted text back to the original note

This would make the move from research to organizing much easier. 

It would also provide the benefits of tagging pieces of content within notes (requested in another thread).

On 8/30/2016 at 6:35 AM, DaveG2 said:

Agreed. I would like to see

• Search for highlighted text
  • Show just the highlighted text (not the full note)
  • Save search results as separate note with links from the highlighted text back to the original note

This would make the move from research to organizing much easier. 

It would also provide the benefits of tagging pieces of content within notes (requested in another thread).

My complimentary request:  to view a bunch of notes on the screen at once.  If it was just the "summarized highlights" of the notes, this would make reviewing a notebook super easy.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/110414-full-note-view-as-full-notes-one-after-another-for-fast-review/

Archived