Evernote Bug on Windows 10 for Other language font support?

• Evernote Expert

Hi, Is this a bug in Evernote for Windows 10? 

I have clipped a web article in Tamil language. The article is clipped and syncd to Evernote. On Left you can see that the article is clearly rendering in Windows 8. When i sync to Mobile also, The Tamil text is visible in Android. 

However in Evernote for windows 10, the article is garbled. I am tempted to think it may be a windows 10 issue, but in the Snippet View Thumbnal ( Zoom and See), the Tamil text is clearly visible. Only in the main note, the text is garbled. I have tried to change my text fonts on the editor, but no use. Can someone @ Evernote look into this and see if there is a bug here? 

T1.jpg

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Sugeeth Krishnamoorthy said:

Hi, Is this a bug in Evernote for Windows 10? 

I have clipped a web article in Tamil language. The article is clipped and syncd to Evernote. On Left you can see that the article is clearly rendering in Windows 8. When i sync to Mobile also, The Tamil text is visible in Android. 

However in Evernote for windows 10, the article is garbled. I am tempted to think it may be a windows 10 issue, but in the Snippet View Thumbnal ( Zoom and See), the Tamil text is clearly visible. Only in the main note, the text is garbled. I have tried to change my text fonts on the editor, but no use. Can someone @ Evernote look into this and see if there is a bug here? 

T1.jpg

Could be a Windows 10 issue, as I get the same result in Wordpad but not in Notepad. Have you installed Tamil as a language in W10?

Check this out and see if a font/language installation will solve it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3083806vv

• Evernote Expert
On 24/07/2016 at 1:31 PM, gustavgi said:

Could be a Windows 10 issue, as I get the same result in Wordpad but not in Notepad. Have you installed Tamil as a language in W10?

HI, In the Thumbnail view, the text is visible ( Tamil Font). [ Zoom and See Image] .. Only, in the main body of the Note, does the text go garbled. So, i dont think this is a Windows 10 issue here.. 

• Level 5*
46 minutes ago, Sugeeth Krishnamoorthy said:

HI, In the Thumbnail view, the text is visible ( Tamil Font). [ Zoom and See Image] .. Only, in the main body of the Note, does the text go garbled. So, i dont think this is a Windows 10 issue here.. 

I'm pretty sure that the font in the thumbnail is coded into Evernote, but the note text gets its font from your Windows font library.

If it was a Evernote problem, it would most likely have been present in the Win8 picture of the same version.

The link I posted specifically says that Tamil fonts may show as squares in some software in Windows 10, due to a change from Win8/Win7, unless you manually add a typing language that includes Tamil.

OT: you may want to look over your forum signature, as it seems like you have several lines of white space.

• Evernote Expert
On 24/07/2016 at 1:31 PM, gustavgi said:

Thank you so much @gustavgi .. Following the instructions in the link provided by you, solved the problem totally. Thank you very much. :):):)

Archived