(Archived) FAX -> Evernote ?

I was reading the blog post at http://blog.evernote.com/2010/02/08/scan-to-evernote-1-click-setup/ regarding using a particular scanner that has a sheet feed capability for scanning directly to evernote. Currently I don't have a such a scanner, but I was wondering if anyone (perhap Evernote themselves) provides a fax-evernote gateway. There are a lot of sheet feeding fax machines that while not having the quality of a super high end scanner, will do a decent enough job for some notes.

It might work by faxing your document to a main number with an extension that identifies the user, or premium users could get their own phone number on a virtual fax system, e.g. user Jane Smith faxes her document to (123) 456-7890 and it shows up in her FaxReceived notebook.

Has anyone seen a service like this by any chance?

Thanks and have a great day.

--Neil.

If you log in to your account on the web site and go to the Settings page, you can see the "incoming email address" for your account.

Any emails sent to that address will create notes within your account.

If you registered for a "fax to email" gateway service that creates PDF emails, you could configure that to email the delivered to Evernote via the email gateway.

Archived