(Archived) length of audio allowed

I have a 1 hr meeting scheduled soon and it was suggested that I bring a tape recorder.

However I have the free version of Evernote installed on my (Verizon) Motorola Droid so I'm wondering if it will serve the same purpose.

Will Evernote record constantly for 1 hr, and if so, will the file size be too large for upload to the Evernote servers?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Does the EN recorder on your phone show a time frame? On the iPhone, it's limited to 10 minutes, as you can see from this post:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11497&p=47739&hilit=recording+time#p47739

Personally, I've not had a lot of luck with the EN recorder on the iPhone (sorry to say) & prefer to use either the native iPhone recorder or a Livescribe pen for audio recording. I do store the recordings in Evernote, though. IME with Livescribe, a one hour recording should be less than the limit of 25 mb. (I have a 45 minute recording that's 6 mb.) I can't speak to other audio recording methods, but I think it depends upon the format & settings that are used for the recording, as to the final size of the file & whether it would be able to be stored in Evernote. (If you chose to do that, if you used another audio recording option.)

Thanks for your reply.

The Droid doesn't show a time limit so I guess I'll do what I should have done in the 1st place -

I'll turn on Evernote audio and place the Droid next to a tv for an hour and see what happens.

This may be stating the obvious, but be sure you've changed your settings so the phone doesn't turn off after x minutes & it may be a good idea to plug it into the wall or a portable/mobile charger, so it doesn't lose power.

1 hr took about 1 gb on the Droid using Evernote. Not bad.

I tried to find the file on the phone itself but I think it must be automatically uploaded to Evernote's servers, where it can be played and forwarded on to others. I forwarded to myself and saw the file size on the attachment.

Unfortunately Although the ITouch also recorded an hour on it's native recorder, I am unable to explore the file structure so I can't tell the size of the file, nor can i easily forward it.

So bottom line... Evernote does the job!!!

Kewl! (Although I don't know how you were able to upload a 1 gb file to Evernote...???)

My iPhone is jailbroken & I use Filezilla to ftp the voice memos from the iPhone to my PC. They are stored in /private/var/mobile/Media/Recordings. I think you have to have a jailbroken iPhone or Touch to do this, tho, since it also requires invoking ssh.

Archived