evernote syncs every tiny changes in pdf but uploads the whole file

hi I used evernote on macbook for a while

what annoys me is that every time I save changes on the pdf in acrobat, evernote syncs the file each time !! (even it's just an underline I put in) and the file sometimes was 5mb or 10mb or more. this keeps eating up my monthly sync limit !!

any way to prevent this from happening? right now I have to drag pdf to my desktop for editing, and then put it back when I really finished work and needed to save it in evernote...

• Level 5*
On 3/26/2016 at 7:58 AM, xiaoycj said:

what annoys me is that every time I save changes on the pdf in acrobat, evernote syncs the file each time !!

any way to prevent this from happening?

Yes.  Goto Evernote > Preferences > Sync, and set the sync interval long enough to allow you to complete your edits.
You can even set it to "manual sync" if you wish.

On 3/27/2016 at 1:04 AM, JMichaelTX said:

Yes.  Goto Evernote > Preferences > Sync, and set the sync interval long enough to allow you to complete your edits.
You can even set it to "manual sync" if you wish.

I mean when I click SAVE in adobe acrobat, and Evernote shows a banner saying 'attachment updated' then it starts syncing that attachment, without me clicking Save or Sync in evernote on mac.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, xiaoycj said:

I mean when I click SAVE in adobe acrobat, and Evernote shows a banner saying 'attachment updated' then it starts syncing that attachment, without me clicking Save or Sync in evernote on mac.

You do want Evernote to immediately SAVE your changes to your PDF.  But that is different from sync.

I just tested this, and if you set EN Prefs to "manual sync", it will NOT sync after you save the PDF, until you click on the sync button.

6 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

You do want Evernote to immediately SAVE your changes to your PDF.  But that is different from sync.

I just tested this, and if you set EN Prefs to "manual sync", it will NOT sync after you save the PDF, until you click on the sync button.

OK thank you very much, I will try that!

Archived