(Archived) Move to notebook - functionality

In the EverNote-Online Version it's possible to move a note from one existing notebook to another using the 'Note Operations' button.

I'm now searching for that function in the desktop-application. Is it not implemented there yet or have I overseen it till now? 8)

In the EverNote-Online Version it's possible to move a note from one existing notebook to another using the 'Note Operations' button.

I'm now searching for that function in the desktop-application. Is it not implemented there yet or have I overseen it till now? 8)

If you are asking how to move a note between notebooks on the PC client, I just use drag-and-drop.

If you are asking about a Note Operations button on the PC client, I haven't seen such (but I have not been looking, as I just use drag-and-drop).

Hello Marc,

of course drag & drop was the first thing I tried, but it's not working in my EverNote-installation (Windows XP). :D

Therfore I was looking for a menu-function like in the Online-Version.

Regards Capeghost.

of course drag & drop was the first thing I tried, but it's not working in my EverNote-installation (Windows XP). :D

Quck tip:

1) select several notes on either the tape, or the note list above the tape.

2) click on any selected note header _on the tape_ and drag it to the desired notebook. (drag&drop from note list is not implemented yet).

Quck tip:

1) select several notes on either the tape, or the note list above the tape.

2) click on any selected note header _on the tape_ and drag it to the desired notebook. (drag&drop from note list is not implemented yet).

Thanks, I should have clarified that in my original post. I appreciate your catching and fixing my oversight. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Since we are in beta I thought that I'd not that this isn't very intuitive. I had to come to the forums to discover this as well. It seems that in the 'Notes list' you should also be able to drag and drop notes.

Sorry folks, but I can't get the WinXP version to move notes at all. I've read through all the threads, but what seems to work for others doesn't work for me.

I've got the list view up. I highlight one and/or more notes. There is no drag & drop out of it. Am I missing something?

This is a biggie, esp. for new users, who may or may not know how to organize what they have.

I'll move them online for now. . .but any tips would help.

OK. . I figured it out. HEADER refers to the top of the note/item itself NOT the title of the note in the list view. My bad.

Awkward. . .and as someone else said, counter-intuitive.

Need to be able to move notes from the list.

Archived