(Archived) The Missing use case....for multi-user

I'm surprised the our possible use of EverNote Appears unique, but I thought I'd query the larger audience to see if others have a similar use-case.

We are a small company and EverNote would be the perfect Paperless filing systems. I've looked very expensive solution over the years and none are as simple and power as Evernote, the OCR alone makes it the winner. That speaks volumes.

For a small business like our the filing and retrieving of receipts, license documents and a large collections of PDF "like" things that we need to store and share is historically a pain. Evernote, fits our model in that we are all working from virtual offices scattered around the country with our email server up in the cloud etc.

Under the current design to get the best user experience; we are planning to use 1 premium account and have the desktops, latops and iphones that we all have; synchronize to that 1 premium account. This approach has two draw backs (1) Evernote doesn't get fair compensation for the value we get, (2) we could however unlikely bump into the premium transfer limit when adding new devices in the middle of the "usage cycle". (3) If we want to use Evernote for Personal Stuff we have to let it co-miggle in view of all users. (4) We are on Mac's so we can't toggle the desktop app between different accounts.

We'd be happy to use and pay for 5 premium accounts, without a seconds hesitation, if we simply could sync shared notebooks as read-write to the desktop clients. The web client just isn't something we enjoy using; as we are often in places without web connectivity, and we have found shared notebooks to be lacking in ease of use compare with normal notebooks.

Archived