(Archived) Broke the Web Interface to EN 3.0 Notes

I have apparently broken the server-side software of EN 3.0 Beta. On my client side I get successful synchronization (with 5 notes currently reported as unsynchronized). Over on the web interface side I had my original notebook visible in the web interface briefly when I first started using EN 3, but since then I have only had the web interface tell me "Loading...". I'm completely stuck; I can't test the web interface at all. I need help from the EverNote boffins, as something is apparently wedged on the server side where I can't get at it. :(

post-1824-131906061858_thumb.png

Marc -

What web browser (plus version, OS) are you using? The page you're showing only works properly on Firefox 2 right now, although most other browsers should at least get a dialog explaining this to them (not what you're seeing). You wouldn't by any chance be using a beta release of Firefox 3 or something like that?

(Needless to say, we're working asap to get all major browsers supported, but thought it would be useful to get some feedback on our first platform rather than holding off the beta until we had full coverage.)

Thanks again

Marc -

What web browser (plus version, OS) are you using? The page you're showing only works properly on Firefox 2 right now, although most other browsers should at least get a dialog explaining this to them (not what you're seeing). You wouldn't by any chance be using a beta release of Firefox 3 or something like that?

(Needless to say, we're working asap to get all major browsers supported, but thought it would be useful to get some feedback on our first platform rather than holding off the beta until we had full coverage.)

Thanks again

And thank you for your time, attention, and assistance.

I am running Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 with all of Microsoft's patches fully applied.

OK, so I shouldn't expect to use the web interface right now (I'll bet Crane is running Firebox). No worries. I'll go back to hammering on the EN 3.0 Beta PC client.

Windows XP Home (SP2).

post-1824-13190606188_thumb.png

Thank you, EverNote Developers, for getting me unstuck on the EN 3.0 Beta web interface. I now do get the orange warning banner encouraging me to try Firefox.

post-1824-131906061899_thumb.png

The warning banner also suggested that I could try the EverNote Mobile client, so I clicked on that link, thinking that I would have to download the client to my WM6 SmartPhone, install it, configure it, and so on. Silly me. What I got instead was an interface running under Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on laptop PC. Cool! Now I can play with the mobile client (I think) from a big screen and full-sized keyboard. :)

post-1824-131906061896_thumb.png

Yes, my EN 3.0 Beta test database is my Grooming database, wherein I am trying to learn to shave using a straight razor and still end up with my lips, nose, and ears attached. :)

Archived