Wiped out my Notes!

I obviously did not understand fully how sync works...

I had to restore my Galaxy Note 4 to factory defaults yesterday. In the process of reinstalling all my apps, I installed Evernote. Obviously it came up with no notes so thinking I could just restore my notes from the Server, I did a sync. What seems to have happened however is that it replicated the state of Evernote on my phone with the server-- deleting ALL my notes on the server.

Trying not to panic (since virtually all the data I need to remember is in Evernote) I started up my desktop and thankfully all my notes appeared to be there intact..

Breathing normally again, I next backuped up all the current data on my desktop by using the Export option. Exported multiple times to every option available.

Now I just need to know how to get everything back on the server and synced to my phone? Given my last effort almost proved disastrous, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction?

• Level 5*

Hi.  The usual explanation for notes to 'disappear' is that during the install process (the boring bit we all ignore) it's all too easy to create another account and log in to (effectively) an empty room.  When you log in to your account via a web browser,  do you still have all your notes online?  If so,  log out of whatever account you have on the Note 4 (Settings > Account Info and scroll down to sign out).  Sign back in to your account.  You should have access to your notes.

Aha-- as long as I've been using Evernote one would think this would have occurred to me. But.. it was late.

I think what you described is exactly what happened. I've set up multiple accounts for different purposes and somehow go the login mixed up. When I figured out which login I needed to use, the data was there.

Thanks much for the assist!

Hi.  The usual explanation for notes to 'disappear' is that during the install process (the boring bit we all ignore) it's all too easy to create another account and log in to (effectively) an empty room.  When you log in to your account via a web browser,  do you still have all your notes online?  If so,  log out of whatever account you have on the Note 4 (Settings > Account Info and scroll down to sign out).  Sign back in to your account.  You should have access to your notes.

Archived