Can I merge two accounts?

• Level 5*

Here's one way to merge accounts:

Using EN Win or EN Mac:

1. Sign in to the account you want to quit using
    1. Share all Notebooks with the account (email) you want to keep
    2. If you have any important or irreplaceable Notes in this account, it is best to backup these Notes by exporting to ENEX files.
      1. Export each NB to a separate ENEX file.
      2. This is just in case something goes wrong in the merge process.
      3. For more info, see this EN Knowledgebase article:

How to back up (export) and restore (import) notes and notebooks

2. Sign into the account you want to keep
    1. Join the Notebooks shared from the other account
    2. If desired, create new NBs for each NB in the other account.
      (best to name these like this:  <Joined NB Name>_NEW)
    3. For each NB from the other account that you have now joined:
      (Caution!  This could cause you to exceed your monthly upload allowance[1])
      1. Set a NB filter for that NB
      2. Select all notes in that NB
      3. Click on the "Move to Notebook" button in the Multi-Note panel
      4. Select the "NEW" NB in your current account
        1. This will cause all of the selected Notes to be moved to the selected NB.
        2. As this is working, you will see the Notes in the List disappear as they are moved.
      5. Do a manual sync.  Don't skip this step.
    4. Do a manual sync

That should do it!

You may want to verify that all of your Notes have been moved by viewing them using the EN Web client at Evernote.com in each account.

FOOTNOTES:

[1]  Upload Allowance Considerations:

• If you have a Free or Plus account, this process could easily cause you to exceed your monthly upload allowance, depending on the size of your Notes in the account you want to quit using.
  • Sign in online to the account you want to keep, and Check your current upload amount on your ‘Account Summary' page.
  • To estimate the size of the account you want to quit using, sign in to that account in EN Win
    • There is nowhere I know of that EN will show you the total size of your account.
    • So you will have to estimate it using the List view.
    • ​In the List View, show (or add) the "Size" column
    • Click on the "Size" column until it sorts in descending order
    • You may be able to select all Notes, and copy/paste into Excel, where you can get a total
    • Otherwise, scan the list to estimate a total.
  • If this total exceeds your remaining upload allowance in the account you want to keep, you will need to spread out the move of Notes from one account to the other over multiple months.
    OR
  • Just upgrade to Premium for one month ($5), which gives you a 10GB upload allowance.
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Old topic but new question.

I have two accounts, one of which is a Premium one. That account is asscociated with an old and unused email. I wish to merge it with my other account and delete the account associated with that old email. How would my subscription plan be? Can it be transfered for this new account?

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, silversilk said:

I have two accounts, one of which is a Premium one. That account is asscociated with an old and unused email. I wish to merge it with my other account and delete the account associated with that old email. How would my subscription plan be? Can it be transfered for this new account?

This is complicated, and is probably best resolved by submitting a request to Evernote support using your old Premium account.

If  you want to try it yourself, you might try this process:

1. Change email for new free account to a temp email address.
  2. Change email for OLD premium account to your desired email (which was for the new account)
  3. Share all Notebooks in the new account with the old account
  4. In the OLD account, copy the Notebooks and Notes from the shared new account to your OLD account.

Your OLD account will now be your NEW NEW account, which is using the email originally in the new account.

Any questions?  Ask before you start.

Archived