OCR Pictures of Whiteboards

Thinking of returning to Evernote after a long hiatus. One of the features I really liked was being able to take a picture of a whiteboard and have the readable text on the whiteboard OCR'd so I could search it. I would usually just use the "document" setting on the iOS in-app camera.

I noticed upon opening my notebook I could no longer search some year-old notes this way. Is this due to being dropped down to a free user? I ask because I'd like to know if the OCR capabilities that previously existed are still present before I renew my premium membership. Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*

Evernote provides the feature to OCR your images in all account types.

However, OCR of PDFs is available only to Premium/Business accounts.

If you have images that are not searchable, then I would report it as bug.

You can also post a question/complaint on Twitter.

See Comparison of EN Account Types

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you might post your question on Twitter @evernotehelps.  It might also be good to include a link back to your post here.

Archived