Evernote should combine all their stuff into ONE app.

adam322

Idea

I attached a screenshot on a perfect example on why one note is beating you guys in the top mac charts.

Taking notes in college gets complicated when I have to put in clippings and draw stuff over my notes and its even more annoying when I have to open multiple apps in order to add extra features into my notes. Remember people want simplicity but at a potentially complex level if they need it. One note is simply higher because everyone turns to it, especially a lot of people I know in college use it because they tell me its simple.

Here's my feedback: (coming from an iOS dev)

• Change the left hand section to create a simpler list out of notebooks downwards or tiles as an option (maybe mini notebooks that you can change colors or tag) (maybe add it as a new view)
    • Each notebook label optional with a collapsible tree to other sub topics (you guys lack this so hard when people have to create a million sub topics and a million sub sub topics and other sub sub sub topics under one topic and they have to search within the navigator)
    • Option to hide side bar that shows note sections (there is an option to hide side bar of basic options)
    • Option for full screen note taking, that means everything else hidden only the note section is in view(both for window and full screen)
  • Create a cooler UI for your note section, maybe create a notebook style 2 page split where people can write notes and have each page numbered. (so that pictures, charts, drawings, and notes can be easily grouped on a particular page
    • Also options for lines/graph paper/textured paper and the whole notebook is sizable within the note window.
  • Please come out with a big update and implement everything into one app as people I know who use evernote tell me the same problem about needing multiple apps.

post-261887-0-84247200-1435271851_thumb.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Taking notes in college gets complicated when I have to put in clippings and draw stuff over my notes and its even more annoying when I have to open multiple apps in order to add extra features into my notes. Remember people want simplicity but at a potentially complex level if they need it. 

. . .

• Please come out with a big update and implement everything into one app as people I know who use evernote tell me the same problem about needing multiple apps.

Evernote should combine all their stuff into ONE app

I don't understand what you mean by your thread title and statements in your post about " implement everything into one app".

Currently Evernote has only one app on each platform, like EN Mac.

Your post reads as if Evernote has spread its features over several apps.

You also state " its even more annoying when I have to open multiple apps in order to add extra features into my notes."

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Perhaps you could give an example.

IMO, Evernote needs to concentrate on perfecting its current features and making the product more robust.  There are many complaints about the poor formatting that EN Mac provides, especially with respect to tables.  There are also a number of bugs in EN Mac that have been there for months, some even over a year.  Evernote needs to focus on fixing these bugs and providing a stable product before they launch out trying to provide features that are readily available in other Mac apps.

Taking notes in college gets complicated when I have to put in clippings and draw stuff over my notes and its even more annoying when I have to open multiple apps in order to add extra features into my notes. Remember people want simplicity but at a potentially complex level if they need it. 

. . .

Evernote should combine all their stuff into ONE app

I don't understand what you mean by your thread title and statements in your post about " implement everything into one app".

Currently Evernote has only one app on each platform, like EN Mac.

Your post reads as if Evernote has spread its features over several apps.

He's saying he thinks all of the Evernote products (Skitch, Penultimate, etc.) should be combined.

Archived