What's The Fastest Way To Import Notes?

I run a business where we collect literally hundreds of thousands of text files each month.  These have small filesizes (100-500 bytes each) and I have a computer script that has these downloaded to my Mac as a single ZIP file every few days.

I need to import these into Evernote.

Currently I unzip the files and drag-and-drop them into the appropriate evernote folder.  I see the 'Creating note X of X' and cannot use evernote at all until the import completes.

I just ran a test now and it's taken 13 minutes to import just 1,600 files and during this time I've been unable to use it for anything else.

On Monday I need to import about 200,000 files so  if the import speed stays consistent it'll take more than 24 hours to import everything and I won't be able to do anything else with evernote during this time.

So my questions ultimately is ... 

What's currently the fastest way of importing into Evernote?

Is the windows version of Evernote faster to import?

- Would it be worthwhile hiring somebody to create an Evernote script hosted on my server where i could upload my zip file to and have it unzipped and imported to evernote using the API?

- Is there a way of importing evernote notes in the background so that I can continue to use the app?

and a final question - do any of these import methods have a restriction of the # of files (I have a business account)?

Thanks all for your suggestions.

• Level 5

I run a business where we collect literally hundreds of thousands of text files each month.  These have small filesizes (100-500 bytes each) and I have a computer script that has these downloaded to my Mac as a single ZIP file every few days.

I need to import these into Evernote.

Currently I unzip the files and drag-and-drop them into the appropriate evernote folder.  I see the 'Creating note X of X' and cannot use evernote at all until the import completes.

I just ran a test now and it's taken 13 minutes to import just 1,600 files and during this time I've been unable to use it for anything else.

On Monday I need to import about 200,000 files so  if the import speed stays consistent it'll take more than 24 hours to import everything and I won't be able to do anything else with evernote during this time.

So my questions ultimately is ... 

What's currently the fastest way of importing into Evernote?

Is the windows version of Evernote faster to import?

- Would it be worthwhile hiring somebody to create an Evernote script hosted on my server where i could upload my zip file to and have it unzipped and imported to evernote using the API?

- Is there a way of importing evernote notes in the background so that I can continue to use the app?

and a final question - do any of these import methods have a restriction of the # of files (I have a business account)?

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Yes, there is an upper limit of 100,000 notes per account.

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23283158

I don't have the business version, but from what I have read.. it will be difficult to handle hundreds of thousands of notes every month.

Archived