Evernote starts in full screen mode, hiding a modal dialog

DSquared

Idea

When I start Evernote on my Mac it starts in full screen mode. When I try to use it, however, I cannot select anything on the screen. Doing so just results in an error sound playing. I believe there is a modal dialog that, one that requires an answer before I can continue using the program. However, because Evernote is starting in full screen mode I cannot get to the dialog to provide an answer. How can I either access the dialog or switch off full screen mode so that I can proceed?

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Have you tried:

1. Press the ESC key to return to normal view?
  2. Move the mouse cursor to the top of the screen,
    1. the Apple Evernote menu should be shown.
    2. Click the "Window" menu to see/choose any other EN Mac windows (like the modal dialog, if any).

Thank you for the suggestions, but alas, neither worked. Pressing ESC has no effect. When I am viewing the Evernote window moving the cursor to the top of the window does not bring up the menu. Likewiase, moving it to the bottom does not display the dock.

• Level 5*

So, if you can't get back to normal EN Mac view, looks like the next step is to reinstall the app.

For this type of problem, often a simple reinstall of the app usually will fix the problem.

This should not affect any of your Notes or other data.

But if you have any Local Notebooks, you might want to export them to ENEX files just to be safe.

To reinstall the app, see Evernote KB Article: How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?

• Level 5*

I rebooted my computer

Any time you having new/unusual issues with your computer, it is always smart to do a reboot.

It is amazing how many issues this often fixes, and not just Evernote related.

Archived