Suddenly Unable to Create New Tags

PointTeam

Idea

OSX version 10.9.5----Evernote version 6.0.13

Out of nowhere, it appears that my ability to create new Tags or add existing tags to new or existing posts has been disabled (Circled on attachment in Red). All the other options are available (Select Notebooks, Set Reminders, etc), but when I click on "click to add new tags" nothing.

The Tag icon circled in Blue  functions properly, however its function is to generate a sort on the existing notes .

This manifests itself in both my desktop and iOS environments.

My existing Tags seem to be fine. And I can create a new Tag in the Web environment, although that is a big departure from my established workflow.

I can't find another similar occurrence reported. This may have something to do with a recent experimentation with Alternote, but I have no evidence to support that.

Any thoughts?post-260183-0-55121500-1433686610_thumb.…You don't realize how much you'll miss something until you don't have it.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

This does indeed sound very strange.  I have not seen it previously reported.

Some things to check:

1. Sign out of EN Mac, restart your Mac, sign back into EN Mac
  2. Does this occur with all Notebooks?
  3. Is it possible the issue is with joined Notebooks (shared by others)?

Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you might post your issue on Twitter @evernotehelps.  It might also be good to include a link back to your post here.

JMichael:

Thanx for prompt response. I was leaving hotel as it came in. Hence my delay. Short version: I appear to have remediated the problem.

I had been in and out of EN, but until your post hadn't considered restarting the Mac. That's the only thing I can attribute the solution to.

Great input.

Archived