Cut and Paste Includes Code

Nathan Lynch

Idea

The two attached screenshots are what the text looks like in evernote and then what the texts looks like when I paste into a word processor. The code that is pasted along with it is the same regardless of what I copy and paste. My Evernote version is 6.0.11. I'm running OS X 10.10.3. Thanks for any help!

post-257664-0-83175000-1433428114_thumb.

post-257664-0-33002200-1433428115_thumb.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

There have been a number of copy/paste issues reported recently, although most of them seem to be for Ver 6.0.13.

I have not see any reports that are similar to the behavior you are observing.  While some might suggest updating to the latest version, I would NOT update as it seems to create more bugs than it fixes.

So, as a workaround, you might try pasting into your word processor, then selecting that text, copy, and then paste into Evernote.

I'd also suggest that you Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

There have been a number of copy/paste issues reported recently, although most of them seem to be for Ver 6.0.13.

I have not see any reports that are similar to the behavior you are observing.  While some might suggest updating to the latest version, I would NOT update as it seems to create more bugs than it fixes.

So, as a workaround, you might try pasting into your word processor, then selecting that text, copy, and then paste into Evernote.

I'd also suggest that you Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Thanks!

Archived