Descriptive Search on iMac

tschirber

Idea

I've never been able to get descriptive search to work on my Mac.  I have the latest software updates for both Evernote for Mac and the MAC OS.  A search for this problem on the board reveals only one previous mention of this problem and that originated in early 2014.  I tried each of the suggestions there but to no avail.  A moderator seemed to acknowledge the problem at that time and that there would be a fix coming but that's been over a year ago and I've seen no further comment or mention of the issue here.  Is there any information that anyone has that might help me?  

5 replies to this idea

That's correct.  None of them work.  I don't search a lot so it hasn't been a big deal but still, I'd like to be able to use it on occasion.  I've never had a problem with anything else on EN except for this one.  Not sure what the problem is.  Is there something you have to do to "enable" this kind of search?

• Level 5*
@tschirber:

Descriptive Search is enabled by default, and I know of no way to turn it off.

My best guess is that it is related to issues with the AppStore ver.

I, and many others, recommend the DirectDL ver over the AppStore ver.

But this could also be some issue with the install of an EN update.

So, to cover all bases in one action, you could do a clean install of the Direct D/L ver.

For more info on this process, See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

BTW, there are number of issues with the current version, 6.0.13, including a very major bug with copy/paste of tables.

So you might want to do the clean install using Ver 6.0.11, which is provided in the above link.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

• Level 5*

Some thing like notepad++ "Find all in current document" feature

@sri654:  This is a MAC thread, and you are referring to a Windows app that has nothing to do with the thread topic of "Descriptive Search".

Archived