(Archived) No way to manage auto keyword tags?

Vogelap, what do you mean by 'auto keyword tags'? Can you be a bit more specific here?

I beleive vogalap means he wants to be able to manually delete an EN 3.0 Beta Saved Search tag from a note, in the case where the search pattern matched the note but vogelap thinks the note should not really have that tag.

Vogelap, what do you mean by 'auto keyword tags'? Can you be a bit more specific here?

I beleive vogalap means he wants to be able to manually delete an EN 3.0 Beta Saved Search tag from a note, in the case where the search pattern matched the note but vogelap thinks the note should not really have that tag.

Marc hit it in one.

Vogelap, can you provide some example? In EN3, there is no such a thing as autocategory overrides (or exclusions) we had in EN2. If the saved search matches some note, then the only way to exclude the note from search results is to modify the saved search query.

There is a little trick, though, that involves extended query syntax. For example, you can write a query like that: "apple -computer -iphone -software" to include notes that match the word "apple" but do not match other words explicitly provided in the query with "-" prefix. This will aloow you to filter out some unwanted notes. In the same manner you can filter out notes by unwanted tags: "apple -tag:apple" will match all notes that have the word "apple" somewhere but are not explicitly tagged with "apple" by you. I bet you can find some reasonable solution to the problem you try to solve (of course if Marcclarke and me understood you correctly).

Here's an example... The sample note that's included with EverNote3 (the note with the WISCONSIN CHEESE image) makes my EverNote3 think the word "Wii" is in there (the last "E" in WISCONSIN CHEESE), which it clearly is not. I'd like to remove that auto-keyword from the note.

Archived