Error Syncing

WoConsult

Today, Evernote started giving me an error message when trying to sync whether I sync manually or at its appointed time. The message says "Sync failed due to unexpected problem server side." I tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions in the Knowledge base, but nothing is working. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

I had been working in EN for about half a day and out of no where it just quit syncing.

Thanks for any suggestions!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote has a lot of users spread around the world,  and sometimes for one reason or another,  contacting its servers becomes impossible for a few hours.

There could be many reasons why Evernote can't sync.

The Knowledge Base lists them here - evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23168822

The article mentions your Activity Log - if you have a look through the content,  you might see some clues as to the reason for the sync failure.

If you see specific note titles mentioned,  it may be that a specific note or notes have become corrupted,  or exceed your file size or upload limits.

Check the note and correct any problems.  Create a new blank note if necessary and copy/ paste  the content of the original note into it.

Then,  in order of increasing severity,  the checks and fixes are:

Thank you, gazumped. I have tried all of these with the exception of the Revo uninstall, and I'm still having problems syncing. The funny thing is now the error message I get flips between client side and server side. Today, after uninstalling and reinstalling EN, I checked the log and saw this message:

"Log opened on 2015/05/27 12:31:06 (UTC-5:00)

12:31:06 [4788] Failed to run pipe server with low integrity and EPM support attributes

This is the first time I've gotten this message. Being of little tech intelligence, I have no idea what this means.

I will try the last suggestion, but after that I will have exhausted all available options I have found to this point. I guess the next step will be to put in a support ticket.

Thank you very much for your response!
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had issues since updating earlier this afternoon. Iget an error message telling me that EN needs to get online in order to sync and cannot find a connection to the server. Uninstalled using Revo and installed fresh but problems persist. Connection is fine since Kindle connecting to the same network has ZERO problems

• Level 5*

I have had issues since updating earlier this afternoon. Iget an error message telling me that EN needs to get online in order to sync and cannot find a connection to the server. Uninstalled using Revo and installed fresh but problems persist. Connection is fine since Kindle connecting to the same network has ZERO problems

Hi.  What OS are you using?

Archived