Older account no longer used, lost current and valuable data

Can someone help with this odd request? I joined the free version of Evernote a few years ago with an older hotmail email address. About three years ago I deleted that hotmail account and no longer have that address. I was still able to use Evernote because I was never required to sign in. There is a good amount of data I saved in Evernote and no where else. Tonight the program froze on me and after backing up my iPad iOS 7 I deleted the Evernote App, went into iTunes and reinstalled it. However, it is now asking me for my email address and password which has been long gone...(as well as I have forgotten whatever password I may have used). I never updated an address with Evernote as I was never asked for my identification. So now I cannot get in the program at all and my data will be lost (I just created a new id to be able to enquire through this forum). Is there any kind of help for this problem? Can someone please advise. Thank you.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you can remember the hotmail address,  you could go through the 'lost password' process to see if there's an option other than emailing details to you - failing that you will need to submit a support request by choosing "login/account access issue" in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

EDIT:  make it clear (obviously) which account you're seeking help with...

Thank you gazumped for your advice. There are no other options re signing in with the old email address as the command box asks for password and offers to send an email should the password be forgotten. I will try the other avenue as you suggest. I am not a premium or business user, which I suspect one has to buy into for such service, so the chat service would not be available to me.

Archived