Bug (6.0.11): stack stays in expanded view

Since the 6.0.11 update, there is a stack that I want to remain collapsed, but it becomes expanded again after I quit and reopen it. This is not happening on IOS or web.

Please try the 6.0.12 Beta 2 release and let me know if this is fixed for you.  This is not a general issue that everyone is seeing.  There is something specific to your setup.  We have made additional fixes to the sidebar in Beta 2 that may have fixed this but we're not sure since we can't replicate the issue in house.  If this still doesn't work can you provide more details like if there is anything that may make your notebooks unique.  Do you have strange characters in the names?  How many notes are nested in a stack?  Anything that might allow us to find and fix the issue.  Thanks.

By the way, here's the link to the forum post about 6.0.12 Beta 2. https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/84200-evernote-for-mac-6012-beta-2/. 

22 stacks. Biggest stack with 32 notebooks. 

Strangest characters   _  :  &  all the rest is english alphabet

Differently from Jonu, for me every single stack was opened after restarting Evernote (mac), 

so i had to go trough routine of closing them in order to navigate

We just released 6.0.12 for direct download customers which is basically the same as Beta 2.  You can read more about it and follow any discussions at the 6.0.12 release forum post.  http://bit.ly/1B8EucM.  Jonu, it sounded like it was fixed in beta 2 kind of but may have come back.  Can you explain more about what you're seeing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The problem still exists for me, and on two different Macs: an iMac and a Mac mini both running OS X 10.10.4 and Evernote 6.0.15.

Shortly after starting Evernote, all of my stacks will expand in the Sidebar. I can collapse them, quit and restart Evernote, and they all expand again. It happens every time.

• 2 months later...

The problem still exists for me, and on two different Macs: an iMac and a Mac mini both running OS X 10.10.4 and Evernote 6.0.15.

Shortly after starting Evernote, all of my stacks will expand in the Sidebar. I can collapse them, quit and restart Evernote, and they all expand again. It happens every time.

It seems that the Apple Store Evernote version 6.0.15 is still flawed. Uninstalling that (using AppCleaner) and then installing the direct download version of Evernote solved the problem for me.

• 7 months later...

Archived