Help! Lost my work

Please could someone help. I bought a Nokia windows phone this week and have been working on evernote. When I returned to it I hit cancel by mistake and it's deleted several days worth of notes.

Can I recover these? And how do you save as you are working?

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry to hear about your problem.  Evernote should be set to backup everything to your account online provided you were connected to the data network at some point during this week.  At least you may have some of your work saved.  Check EN Web by logging in here in a desktop browser - https://www.evernote.com/Login.action

If you don't find some or all of your notes there,  you'll need someone familiar with the Nokia's file structure to see whether you can recover any data.  It's a problem when working on a mobile device that you're carrying all your information around in your hand,  and -as you've found- the small screen means it's rather easy to hit the wrong key and make unwanted changes to your work.  With Evernote it's easy to protect your data by syncing often,  and either undoing any mistakes on the device when they're made,  or stopping it from syncing so that unwanted changes aren't copied back to the server.

You can complete a lost data report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

If the information is important to you,  consider upgrading to premium for a short while to get the extra level of support.  If your lost data is due to deleting information that was saved to the server at some point you'll also have access to Note History - being able to step a note back to a previous point in its history to see the content then.

Archived