Bug: opening shared note in webbrowser generating conflicting change

dmitry_bond

Hi.

I remember I submited a bug report for it (about a month or ever more ago) but still not received any reply (at least I cannot find any in my records).

So, now I'm repeating it here...

There is a bug in "Share" feature in EverNote. When I send a URL to a note to some person and he open it in web browser that generats conflicting change for that note. So, I may lost my changes I made after I clicked "Copy Share URL".

Scenario is following:

1) I new a new note, typed a text (may close/open it sometime during editing).

2) Then I clicked "Copy Share URL", send url to my friend for read & discuss.

3) When he open a note url I sent to him in a webbrowser that generates a conflicting change on my side.

So, when I click "Synchronize" I can see conflicting change highlighted in "Activity".

4) When I close a note and open it again I can see - it may lost some changes which I made after I sent url of this note.

I assume this is bug. Because my friend opening a note url in webbrowser without evernote authentication (so, anonymously). Which means (as I believe) a note is non-editable for him. So, it should not generate conflicting changes.

Could you please fix that bug?

Thank you in advance.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Submit a bug report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

- if you're a premium or Business user,  you'll also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm weekdays,  PST)

You'll get an acknowledgement screen and an email by return,  both showing a ticket number.  If you don't have a ticket number,  the report hasn't been received.

We're a user forum here,  so no direct connection with the support team.

Copying a note's URL generates a 'public' note,  which as you appreciate is not editable by anyone - it's simply available via a browser.  So anyone 'opening' that note is merely looking at a web page.  There's no connection (AFAIK) back to your account,  and it should certainly not generate any conflicts.

Please go through your share process with a friend again and check to see whether someone opening the note still generates a conflicting change for you.  If so,  please check that you're using the latest version of Evernote and if so,  report the bug again.

Archived