system tray sync notification

This is not annyoying; it is disruptive. To notify of a sync event is not noteworthy at all. What it does accomplish is that I have to stop doing whatever I have been doing in the underlying window and wait...or move the mouse off an important task to close this notification window.

I have turned the "show messages" off in the system tray settings and assumed this would be enough. Nope.

What do I have to do to get rid of this problem?

• Level 5*

The sync notifications go away on their own in a few seconds, without needing to be clicked on, at least in my case, on a couple of different machines. Some people do depend on sync operations completing properly.

In any case, you should be able to turn off sync notifications in the Windows client, all on your own: Tools / Options / Sync tab / "Enable sync notifications". 

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Looks like that option is no longer available in the application.

I've found this to be a work-around for Windows 10:

Close Evernote 
- Close Evernote (CTRL+Q, ALT+F4, or File/Close)
- Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager
- Click "More Details" on the bottom-left of the window if it doesn't say "Less Details"
- Find any Evernote processes, select them, and click "End Task"

Set SyncNotifications to 0 in the windows registry
- open regedit (Start, type regedit, select the regedit application)
- CTRL+F [Find] the term SyncNotifications
- Hit F3 on any searches that aren't related to "Evernote" in the folder list on the left (It should be in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Evernote\Evernote)
- Double click the REG_DWORD Hex value "SyncNotifications"
- Set the Value Data to 0 and Click OK

Archived