How to remove an email address associated with a de-activated account

I've got two Evernote accounts, each with a different username/email address, and want to simplify things.

My primary account has an older gmail address associated with it; the newer account (which I'd like to close) has my personal email address, and I'd like to associate that address with my primary account.

Here's the thing: I can't associate my personal address with the primary account because Evernote still has it attached to the newer account.

And while I've followed the instructions to de-activate that newer account, as listed as https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23403793, that same page asks me to contact support to have that email address removed.

But when I fill out the support form to request this, I'm told that I can't contact support unless I have a Premium account!

Surely Evernote must provide an alternative channel for what I'd expect to be a relatively commonplace request – any idea what it is, and how I can get that account & email address totally nuked?

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you want to close the account with your preferred address (let's call that "Account A") and connect that address with another account ("Account B") you're going to have to change the registered email address in Account A.

So.  Log in to Account A at https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action and look for Manage Email Addresses.  Change your preferred email address for this account to anything - make an address up if you want;  we won't be back here again.

(I'm assuming you moved any notes you might want to keepo out of this account already).  At the bottom of that page,  look for the link that says "Deactivate your account" and follow instructions.

When that's done,  log in to Account B on the same link.  Manage email addresses again,  and change to the preferred email address that you just rescued. 

All done painlessly.  Enjoy.

Archived