BUG: Printing to Adobe PDF causes Evernote to hang

Fabian O. Soler

Hi,

I'm using Evernote on Windows7.  Anytime I try to print multiple notes to a PDF (I have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro)  Evernote begins to do so, and a printing process dialog box comes up but then it hangs there with the green bar cycling.  Evernote is locked and if I open Task Manager it indicates that Evernote is no longer responding.

This time instead of cancelling after 5 or 10 minutes (using Task Manager to kill the application), I left it running.  Came back about 90 minutes to 2 hours later and found notepad open with a log file in it (with the name of the PDF file I was trying to create but with a .log extension).

The notepad log file (which I suspect came from Adobe) said this:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
%%[Page: 1]%%
%%[Page: 2]%%
%%[Page: 3]%%
%%[Page: 4]%%
%%[Page: 5]%%
%%[Page: 6]%%
%%[Page: 7]%%
%%[Page: 8]%%
%%[Page: 9]%%
%%[Page: 10]%%
%%[Page: 11]%%
%%[Page: 12]%%
%%[Page: 13]%%
%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: se ]%%

Stack:
/DeviceGray
/DeviceGray

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

I have no such problem with any other windows application trying to print to the 'Adobe PDF' printer, only Evernote.

Has anyone seen this?  I looked around in the forums (which are a little odd to navigate) but I could not find anything like this.  There seem to be other bugs in the printing engine according to the forums, not not quite like this.

Would like to go Premium but not if there are such obvious and significant bugs - it would be like paying someone to hit me with a stick every so often.

Thanks

Archived