Can NOT get used to this new color scheme

My Macbook desktop EN client is just confusing to me now with the new color scheme. Some notebooks are light grey some notebooks are light blue. Not only are they too similar in value, I can't remember which notebooks are which, based on color. It would be REALLY nice if Evernote recognized that people have very different learning and work styles and to some, the lack of visual cues and color is crippling from a productivity standpoint. I have to constantly remind myself "Ok, what kind of notebook is this?" and "Who is the creator of this one?" 

I'm just not clear why there is no option for customization or theme on the desktop client. Not only setting global preferences -- ex: ALL personal notebooks X color, ALL business notebooks X color, ALL stacks X color -- but it would be even better if I could MANUALLY decide what color my notebooks were. For example, I have a small team and I have essentially three kinds of notebooks:

Ones that hold client information, ones that deal with my company operations and ones that deal with my vendors and resources. It would be UBER helpful if I could manually choose the color of each notebook when I create it, so that I could make all my client information notebooks the same color, all my operations notebooks the same color and all my vendors/resources notebooks the same color. We have been color-coding hanging folders in this way for decades and it's an effective way for many people to differentiate different types of information quickly. It also serves as a visual cue if something is mis-grouped because the color stands out. 

As it stands now, when I look at my notebooks graphically, I'm forced to read each and every notebook title, whereas if I could choose the color of each notebook, (and then SORT by color) I'd be able to find information so much more quickly. 

Am I the only one dismayed by this awful, visually barren, unproductive UI on the new Evernote? 

Archived