upload allowance

After using a basic evernote account for over a year (max upload allowance of 60MB) without incident, a few days ago I presumably hit the maximum upload allowance and until I figure out what to do about it I'm stuck.  My work on EN has come to a halt.  I didn't think that my usage changed and if uploads are calculated from the first of each month I only made it to January 7 before I was notified I reached the upload allowance.  I was notified in a pop-up that if I wanted to continue that I needed to upgrade to Premium for $49.95/year.  I'd rather stay with Basic (free) as I think it serves my purposes, or did up until now.  My question: If I delete some of the material I've clipped and saved in EN notebooks, does anyone know if this will free up space in the calculation of my upload allowance for this month?  Could I then resume uploading into the newly available space...does it work that way?

After using a basic evernote account for over a year (max upload allowance of 60MB) without incident, a few days ago I presumably hit the maximum upload allowance and until I figure out what to do about it I'm stuck.  My work on EN has come to a halt.  I didn't think that my usage changed and if uploads are calculated from the first of each month I only made it to January 7 before I was notified I reached the upload allowance.  I was notified in a pop-up that if I wanted to continue that I needed to upgrade to Premium for $49.95/year.  I'd rather stay with Basic (free) as I think it serves my purposes, or did up until now.  My question: If I delete some of the material I've clipped and saved in EN notebooks, does anyone know if this will free up space in the calculation of my upload allowance for this month?  Could I then resume uploading into the newly available space...does it work that way?

Your "month" starts from the day you created your account.  You can log into the web client & go to settings to see how much upload you've used & how many remaining days until it refreshes. 

Deleting things does not free up space on your account b/c Evernote does not measure space but *UPLOAD* amount.

If you are using the Windows or Mac desktop client, you can create notes in local (non-sync'd) notebooks.  (Please search the board for more info on them, should you need it.)  Other than that, you will either need to upgrade or wait until your amount refreshes.

Another option is to Invite somebody to Evernote this month... With a Referral link.. Or send them an email and get them to download and install the program so they can try it...

If they do this you get a free month of premium.

:)

Go to www.evernote.com

login.. Go to settings and go referal... And type in a friends email... If they sign up with that email and dont have evernote installed... When they install it and make the account on that email you get your referral... It could be your brother... Or your mother... 

Message them to try Evernote :) or you can even set it up for them.. Get them to try it...

It would have to be on another PC... Not a family PC that already has Evernote installed.

You will be credited with 10 referral points. That you can use to get a month free of premium.

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful day.

Archived