Web Clipper only gives screenshot option

Cobber

OSX 10.9.5

Safari 7.1.2

Evernote Web Clipper 6.2.4

Clicking the EWC button in Safari's toolbar, causes the clip menu to be very briefly displayed (.5 seconds?), then menu disappears, active browser window is grayed out, "Take a Screenshot" tip is displayed over the center of the active window for a few seconds, and EWC menu is displayed with only a single "Cancel" option enabled.

I'm not entirely sure when this last worked as expected, but it was within the past few weeks -- perhaps related to latest Safari updates?

Best,

Danny

The default setting is to start the Web Clipper in the last used action. All you need to do is to click Cancel if you do not want to take the screenshot and go back to the full menu. You can also change this behavior on the options page. 

@kevstrope

The screenshots you posted are not the Web Clipper browser extension. They're from a feature called quicknote that is part of the desktop application. 

You need to install the Web Clipper for your browser from www.evernote.com/webclipper and then use the evernote icon that sits in your browser toolbar and not the OS toolbar. 

@jbignert

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid that this is the icon in safari toolbar.

Clipper was downloaded and installed from the link you cited above.

I've tried uninstalling it from Safari, then rebooted, but the icon still shows in the Safari toolbar, even though it is no longer listed when I go to Safari preferences, then extensions. The icon just stayed in the toolbar and clicking on it gave the same results as before: no full menu, just options to save screenshots.

Downloaded and installed clipper again and still the same results.

OS X 10.9.5

Safari 7.1.2

post-243332-0-03530100-1420148505_thumb.

post-243332-0-90567300-1420148516_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

The default setting is to start the Web Clipper in the last used action. All you need to do is to click Cancel if you do not want to take the screenshot and go back to the full menu. You can also change this behavior on the options page. 

Is there any other way to get to the options, if the web clipper panel is not showing up?

Archived