Share notebook in the new version is too confusing

Ohm

Idea

Here's why the old version is much better:

1) The old version show which user that notebook already been shared to, along with permission. Before you want to share something, of course, you would want to see if you already shared it. Everything about "Share" control is in one place, easy to find, easy to use.

2) On Mac OS client, there's no way to see who have access to each notebook. Or, I'm too stupid to find where it reside. I want to remove some user from a share notebook and I still can't find it in the Mac client. This is really frustrating.

3) On the web version, you can see who have access to particular notebook when you press small "i" button on the top-right corner follow by click on "Modify Sharing". While the "Share" button has nothing like that at all. Why things about "Share" has been put deep in "i" rather than in "Share" like the old version? "Share" button only allow you to share to people, it will 

Also, the UI of the web version is time-consuming. When you have lots of notebook like me, and it take 5 clicks to remove someone from one notebook, it's too much time consuming.

4) After I learn of the "i" button on the web, I found the "i" button on the Mac client and thought that's where the share control is hidden. I'm wrong once again. The inconsistency between the web UI and client UI make me disappoint even more.

It's really really frustrate. The new version design is only about reducing line and pushing chat function. When you try to put Chat in front of everything and hide the function that matter the most, it make me question, why do I use Evernote in the first place? Isn't it originally for making note?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

2) On Mac OS client, there's no way to see who have access to each notebook. Or, I'm too stupid to find where it reside. I want to remove some user from a share notebook and I still can't find it in the Mac client. This is really frustrating.

Control click on a notebook and select 'Manage Sharing…'. 

You’ll see a list of the people you’ve shared the notebook with and what permissions you’ve given them.

You can stop sharing with a particular person by clicking the X.

Control click on a notebook and select 'Manage Sharing…'. 

You’ll see a list of the people you’ve shared the notebook with and what permissions you’ve given them.

You can stop sharing with a particular person by clicking the X.

There's nothing like that on Mac OS client.

For the latest version, there's Share drop-down button on upper-right side, which has "Permission" on it at last.

Thing is, this is a design flaw for making where you share (where you put the name of people to share with) at a different location from removing them. When I want to share something, I would like to confirm what I have shared so I would know that I already done it. When I share my notebook, I can't see the name of the people I just added.

Get back to the older version, it's much much better

• Level 5

Justin … have you looked at this??? It DOES NOT work as you described.

1. Click on Notebooks in the sidebar
  2. The Notebooks UI is loaded in the main window
  3. Find a shared notebook
  4. Control-click on it
  5. The context menu comes up
  6. Select 'Manage Sharing…'
  7. A sheet is displayed listing everyone the notebook is shared with and their permissions

Which of these steps is not occurring for you?

Archived