What does Expunged mean?

Hi everyone....first time poster here.  Been using Evernote as a novice for the past two years.  Wanted to know what "Expunged" means in reference to it being tagged on some of my notes.  Does that mean I deleted them but they are still hanging around?   Any help will ease my worrying!!  I've only started to see this....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi - Where are you seeing this?  I'd say 'expunged' means "terminated with extreme prejudice" but I haven't noticed it applied to tags recently...  Any chance of a screenshot?

• Level 5*

Hi everyone....first time poster here.  Been using Evernote as a novice for the past two years.  Wanted to know what "Expunged" means in reference to it being tagged on some of my notes.  Does that mean I deleted them but they are still hanging around?   Any help will ease my worrying!!  I've only started to see this....

Apparently "expunged" means permanently removed, as in when you empty the EN Trash:

Third party applications can delete a note (put it in the trash) but cannot expunge content (permanent deletion). That is for us the most logical behavior for our users but also for the developers.

Archived