Sync Issues

• Level 5*

Make sure you sync every time you enter or leave one of your platforms.  Each of your devices syncs with the EN servers, not each other.  So you need to be sure to start with the most recent versions of your notes, hence the sync on enter/leave.  

Thanks for the response, though this does not resolve the issue.

I am aware that each device syncs with the Evernote server, not directly to the other devices.

Its seems that when I use the iPad it overwrites the Evernote server with what is on the iPad, even though the Evernote server version was more up to date.  

I only use Evernote on the iPad a few times a week.  It happened a few days ago.  For about a week I was only using Evernote on the Mac and iPhone.  Then I launch on the iPad and the iPad version (which is a few days old) overwrites the server, with this older version.

• 2 weeks later...

Update - The same thing happened yesterday.

For the last week I used Evernote on my MacBook Air and iPhone without any issues. Then yesterday I opened up Evernote on my iPad and what was on my iPad, unaccessed for a week, overwrote the server and then my Mac and iPhone.

Where do you submit a trouble ticket ?

• Level 5*

To be clear, if EN on your iPad had not synced after your last use, then any notes modified on the web or Mac in between could be overwritten or conflicted on your next use of the iPad.  One way this can happen is if you have Sync on Wifi only checked on your iPad and you didn't have wifi when you made the changes.

If that isn't the case, you can submit a support ticket at https://evernote.com/contact/support/.

Archived