Indications in a shared notebook

I'm sharing a notebook with notes with another person and we are working on it together. When they update one of my notes, I don't see an indication anywhere that they did so. They will usually text me to look. Am I missing something? How can I tell when they have added something to an already created note? Preference check box or setting? If not, can we get something like that. If I have thousands of notes it would be hard to tell which one was updated.

Lance

On the desktop clients, you should see a satellite dish icon in the topmost toolbar, which when you hover over, it says, "Browse your latest shared activity". That includes a log of all the changes made to shared notes which have been updated/ edited by others (and yourself)... as well as new notes added to shared notebooks. It also gives a link to the actual note, plus the date modified or added. When updated, you should see a red badge count reflecting the number of notes (or instances thereof) that were edited since you last checked. For some reason, when one does a fresh sync from the Evernote servers, it shows a badge count of all the updates ever done in any existing shared note. 

Below you will see 3 examples of shared note updates (within a shared notebook) of a student of mine who was studying for the TOEFL exam. We had a shared notebook going where we both added and edited essays and included audio notes for pronunciation, amongst other things.

Browse%20your%20latest%20shared%20activi

Thanks,

I now see the satellite icon. But didn't see the red badge. But that's ok, now I know where to look for new text. I'll keep looking for the badge to pop up. We don't do updates or new notes but every few days so will wait. Thanks for the tip.

Lance

Archived