syncronisation problems

Koen Lebegge

Hi all,

I am a penultimate and evernote user, on iPad.  I have recently noticed that my penultimate notes sometimes do not fully sync with evernote, meaning that part of my note is in evernote, and the bottom part is not.  Worst thing is, however, that when I open penultimate again, the part that is missing in evernote, is also missing in penultimate, which results in missing information in my note.  Bit hard if you use it for work.  Anybody that experienced the same problem, of knows of a solution?

Thx

Koen

Hi all,

I am a penultimate and evernote user, on iPad.  I have recently noticed that my penultimate notes sometimes do not fully sync with evernote, meaning that part of my note is in evernote, and the bottom part is not.  Worst thing is, however, that when I open penultimate again, the part that is missing in evernote, is also missing in penultimate, which results in missing information in my note.  Bit hard if you use it for work.  Anybody that experienced the same problem, of knows of a solution?

Thx

Koen

Are you able to determine how large those notes are? Evernote has limits on the size of individual notes; for a free account, the largest note you can upload without truncating is 25 MB; for a premium or business account, 100 MB.

You may wish to limit your Penultimate notes to just a few pages to avoid triggering this limit.

I'm having the same problem. It was always a bit wonky but since the 6.0.x update it's actually dangerous. There has been some wailing about the UI, all well and good, but for me it's the substantive insecurity that I can't stand. Today I lost two pages of notes I created in Penultimate - important notes that I cannot recreate for a creative project. Gone forever. Will not be using Penultimate again -  which is too damn bad because it looked like it was going to be a great tool.

Hi SilverDragon,

I am not sure that size is the problem here, since parts of newer notes do sync, when I have lost parts of earlier notes.  I checked my desktop-evernote, and the penultimate note file is 2,2MB, or about 9 pages. 

But I'll give your suggestion a try anyway.

Archived