Spell Check and iOS

The lack of spell check for iOS renders Evernote as the biggest disappointment in App World.  And it completely takes any thoughts of an upgrade to EN professional off the radar.  Heck, even this "discussion" site performs spell check.  What app is out there that provides the overall functionality of Evernote and has spell check operational?  OMGosh I cant believe that we are still talking about something so basic and simple.  

Autocorrect has got to count for something, right? At least for anything you're typing up while on iOS. Wouldn't that kind of make spell check redundant?

If you're wanting to spell check something written up elsewhere - say, on desktop - then you could have done the spell check on desktop at the time of note creation. Personally I have never had an issue with spelling errors while on iOS. Not to the point of "OMGosh".

I quite like the iOS apps. I somehow doubt that a lack of a somewhat redundant spell check has rendered Evernote to be "the biggest disappointment in the App World". 

That also goes for dictation. No spell check needed, really.

Edit: If you cancel a word that is autocorrected twice, iOS will assume your word is the correct one - and learns from that.

Really. Well here is a copy/paste from EN just now.

doess thes autocurrect? whatt thi hek aryou lookin atatat? 

You may need to reset your autocorrect. The issue is with your iPad/ iPhone. That would be frustrating, for sure.

Try going to Settings > General > Keyboard... and check to see if "Check Spelling" is turned on. Might be that.

iPad Air. and iPad 2.  Both completely up to date and both have had spell check on.  This is an old issue and discussed many many times in this forum. This feature used to work and now it doesnt.  I just downloaded OneNote app and it does what any program like this should.  Highlights miss spelled words and offers suggestion.   Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice. 

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51806-spell-check-on-ipad-air/?locale=en 

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/42973-spellcheck-on-ipad 

Autocorrect works fine on my iPad air and iPhone clients... also with previous generations. Unfortunately it's not that way for everyone.

At least you've found an alternative in OneNote. That might be a good match for you.  :)

Please post your found solutions to the various other links I referenced and everyone would like to know....it works.  Thanks. 

Where would I find the solutions if you did not find them yourself? That's an odd response. The link I posted was to point out that it is currently an unresolved issue for some people. It sure helps knowing that others are experiencing the same issues. It may or may not mean sitting tight. At the very least, it does help to not waste any more time trying to find a fix. I had zero indication that you had already perused those threads at the time I suggested you go into your iPad's settings. Not everyone is as experienced as yourself.

I see you had already participated in those threads prior to creating this topic. It would have been nice to mention a known existing issue, since I did take the time to help out... and since you did copy-paste an example from your client that failed to autocorrect - but failed to mention said existing issue. Even unhelpful/ misguided help might possibly merit some sort of appreciation, right?

Archived