You must be connect to the internet

michellenoel

Are you talking about the Windows Desktop app, or the working directly with the Web app? The latter connects directly to the EN Servers and does not require you to download the application for your computer. However, it is limited capability wise compared to using the Windows app.

If you have downloaded the Windows Desktop or Touch app for your computer, you still need to be online long enough to log-in. After that just stay logged-in - close but don't sign-out - then you can work in Evernote (EN) offline. But remember to Sync anything you want saved to the EN Cloud Servers when next online or whatever you worked on from your computer will not be available from your Android and iPad.

Actually, the same is sorta true for both your mobile devices... You need to stay logged-in on all devices and Sync to the Servers anything you want available on all your devices. But, there's an important difference with all mobile devices... Unless you are a Premium or Business user, you cannot indefinitely save anything on them. Copies of your notes are automatically saved to the temporary Cache drives on mobile devices and will, eventually, self-delete. As a Premium or Business user, you can allocate one Notebook to be available even when offline on your mobile devices.

Hope that makes sense!

Hi Wordsgood,

I am a Premium user and I am logged in on both my Android phone and my iPad. I downloaded the Windows Desktop app and when I try to launch it so that I can get it going for the first time and login, I immediately get a message saying: You must be online to register or perform an initial sync. Please check your connection to the Internet." 

The problem is that I AM connected to the internet, so I don't know what else to do at that point.

Thanks much!

Hmm, aside from submitting a Support Ticket, which I suggest you do tomorrow during business hours (Mon to Fri, 9:00 to 5:00 PST) so you can choose the Live Chat option, the only other I can think of is maybe try the below option.

My phone won't let me copy and paste images, but click on the below thread link and scroll down to JMichael's October 20, 2014 post. It might have more to do with Google and/or IE than Evernote, so give what he suggests a try on your Dell laptop.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/70715-evernote-and-poodle/#entry325896/

Good luck!

Hi Wordsgood,

I am a Premium user and I am logged in on both my Android phone and my iPad. I downloaded the Windows Desktop app and when I try to launch it so that I can get it going for the first time and login, I immediately get a message saying: You must be online to register or perform an initial sync. Please check your connection to the Internet."

The problem is that I AM connected to the internet, so I don't know what else to do at that point.

Thanks much!

Archived