Creating new notes on IOS with Launch Center Pro

mrsimnok

I really like the new(ish) x-callback-url scheme which allows me to quickly create a new note with a title and body text from Launch Center Pro on my iOS device. I'd like to know if I can specify the tags and notebook for notes created via this URL scheme please?

I know that this is possible via IFTTT, but I imagine that is passing in these parameters via the API - I'd like to know if this is possible (or planned for the future) just using the URL scheme?

Thanks

I really like the new(ish) x-callback-url scheme which allows me to quickly create a new note with a title and body text from Launch Center Pro on my iOS device. I'd like to know if I can specify the tags and notebook for notes created via this URL scheme please?

I know that this is possible via IFTTT, but I imagine that is passing in these parameters via the API - I'd like to know if this is possible (or planned for the future) just using the URL scheme?

Thanks

Oh, hello. This is Phillip Gruneich, I'm the guy from One Tap Less (you just linked me there, that's how I found this place).

I tried some nasty ways to edit notes with notebook and tags, but I didn't succeed. Your best goal would be to use Drafts. There you can create Evernote actions that allow defining Notebooks and Tags.

I'll consider that you love Launch Center Pro to stop using it despite this limitation, ok? First you'd need the latest version of Drafts, then install this action. It will fail unless you follow the steps on this page to fire actions via url (go to Settings and turn "Allow URLs to trigger actions" on).

Now on Launch Center Pro, install this action. When you trigger it, LCP will prompt you 4 times: a regular prompt for the title, a list for Notebooks (I find it more convenient, please update the values, of course), a prompt for Tags (it makes a comma every time you hit Return) and the final prompt for the content.

You can tweak this a lot, so if you need any help, reach me out on Twitter.

• 3 years later...

Hi, folks!!!

I've just realized that that x-callback-url is not working properly when you call an url from Drafts or LCP asking evernote to open camera... Phone 7, iOS 11.2, Evernote app 8.6.358974, DRAFTS 4.8.3.7 workflow 1.7.7 (494), LCP 2.8.2 (build 172).

For example, something like: evernote://x-callback-url/new-note?type=camera&title={{Test}}&text={{Test2}}. The note is created, but not opening camera.. Thanks a lot!!! ;)

Archived