Mac attempting to connect to network drive when opening Evernote

My network attached drive died a few weeks ago so it no longer exists on my home network, but whenever I open Evernote my Mac attempts to connecto this drive. I see the following error message...

There was a problem connecting to the server “IomegaEZ-9”.The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again.

This message will repeat several times and finally stop. I looked at the Evernote activity log and didn't see anything that looked like it was trying to access the old drive. I've also looked at the preferences and didn't se anywhere where this could be configured.

Any idea where to look for the source of this? It only happens when I launch Evernote.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to see others have this problem.  The solution of removing login items won't work for me: at home I have my laptop connect to my network drives on login, but at work I abort this or disconnect them through finder.  Every time I open evernote at work to try to make a "quick" note of something, it goes through an elaborate process of trying several network drives and timing out before I can use it.  Is there a way to keep it from checking all the login items?  Why does Evernote need to do this?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm having this same problem and have been for several months. Similarly it's trying to connect to one of my network drives at work every time I open Evernote. It works fine when I'm on the work LAN, but anywhere else it happens. I just updated this morning to Mac version 6.0.6. 

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, orbit122 said:

Ok, So you have suggested a fix but the question of why Evernote is attempting to access this is left unanswered. Why would Evernote even attempt this connection??

that is what I was wondering about. It's been long enough that I don't remember what finally got rid of the issue for me, and that laptop is long gone, but I think I found that the network drive was in the login items, but I couldn't find anything in my Evernote content that was on that drive.

Archived