How to preview pdfs in note window

Chazza55

Hello,

I have been using evernote for about 6 months now and so far have loved it. 

I have been using it to keep my paperwork organised and have been scanning in pdfs.

The pdf always used to preview in the right hand pane when i clicked on the note.......now i just get a pdf icon. This really is a pain as it means I can no longer flip through notes to visually identify them (prior to renaming).

I have worked out i can right click on the pdf icon and untick "view as attachment" but this really is a pain when organizing a lot of pdfs.

How can i set it as default to preview the pdf NOT show as attachment? (i know in the options menu there is a box i can tick to force viewing as attachment but it does not seem to force the preview if i untick it).

I do not know why it has suddenly changed to not previewing but it is causing me a major headache.

Can anybody please show me how to set it as default to preview the pdf not show as attachment? (pretty please!)

• Level 5*

Hello,

I have been using evernote for about 6 months now and so far have loved it. 

I have been using it to keep my paperwork organised and have been scanning in pdfs.

The pdf always used to preview in the right hand pane when i clicked on the note.......now i just get a pdf icon. This really is a pain as it means I can no longer flip through notes to visually identify them (prior to renaming).

I have worked out i can right click on the pdf icon and untick "view as attachment" but this really is a pain when organizing a lot of pdfs.

How can i set it as default to preview the pdf NOT show as attachment? (i know in the options menu there is a box i can tick to force viewing as attachment but it does not seem to force the preview if i untick it).

I do not know why it has suddenly changed to not previewing but it is causing me a major headache.

Can anybody please show me how to set it as default to preview the pdf not show as attachment? (pretty please!)

Don't know why the behavior would have changed for you, but to always have your pdf content show, go to Tools - Options - Note and make sure Always show PDF documents as attachments is not checked..

Hi - thanks for your quick answer on this.

I have just played around importing new pdfs and i think evernote remembers the setting in force when the pdf was imported. Maybe i added some notes on a different pc which did not have that setting unticked.

New notes are now showing in preview as they used to.........interesting to note evernote is able to apply individual note setting for this........shame there is no way to bulk modify pdfs to show in preview after having been imported in attachment mode.

Thanks again - hopefully this will not be a problem again!

• Level 5*

No problem.  Yeah, once you flag an individual PDF as View as Attachment it keeps that setting no matter what you do with the global setting, IME.  Manual flip back.

Archived