Security Concerns

Even though I am only inputting business information into the Evernote client because I do not trust anything cloud based, I notice my notebook titles are being shown on the site under my account information. Is there any chance at all that my personal information is being shared anywhere other than the program client?
Edit: I noticed that Sync attempts to back up to the cloud (yikes). Will disabling that really protect my information from getting onto the site?

• Level 5*

Even though I am only inputting business information into the Evernote client because I do not trust anything cloud based, I notice my notebook titles are being shown on the site under my account information. Is there any chance at all that my personal information is being shared anywhere other than the program client?

Edit: I noticed that Sync attempts to back up to the cloud (yikes). Will disabling that really protect my information from getting onto the site?

Hi. Evernote is a cloud-based service, and the default settings will send everything to the cloud. If you do not want your data in the cloud, then you can use local notebooks, which do not sync with Evernote's servers. If you search on the forums, you'll find lots of discussions about security, privacy, and local notebooks.

Archived