Always freezing

Mephisto

Guys,

WTF is happening with these new updates? Every time it gets worse and worse, freezes and more freezes. I removed it, optimized database, reinstalled, cleared out, the hell! Like, i've seen tons of people complaining about this and it seems every update makes it worse. It worked fine up to 5.2 or 5.3, then these latest updates have been utterly *****, sincerely!

Why no one from the development team gets involved in the posts here to gather information and find out the root of the problem?

• Level 5*

The general feeling seems to be (and someone will certainly tell me if I'm wrong) that the updates are gradually getting a handle on the freezing issue,  and those who are still suffering have found that uninstalling and reinstalling both the application and the local database helps.  If you'd like some more specific suggestions,  please let us know what version of Evernote you're running and your PC OS.

• Level 5*

Well,  the first thing to do is backup your database folder somewhere safe just in case anything goes wrong.

• Deal with local notebooks and unsynced notes:
    • local notebooks aren't ever synced to Evermnote's servers.  Export them to individual ENEX files - one per notebook.  Don't forget to check the options and tick 'include tags' if you use them
    • unsynced notes should have synced,  but haven't yet done so - send them to your account via its email address,  using the @notebook #tag flags in the title as necessary,  or export them as above to a separate ENEX file for each notebook.
  • Uninstall and reinstall - https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/24422932  NB "Install as Administrator"

that is just a regular uninstall and reinstall article, there is nothing about making sure the database is "removed"

I've done this process already, and more than once. It keeps freezing constantly on the 5.6.4 version.

5.2 so far is working on one of my computer just fine.

• Level 5*

Well,  there's the 'nuking from orbit' option using the free version of Revo uninstaller instead of the control-panel uninstall.  That does also remove any logs that might help Support track down a specific cause though..

• Level 5*

Bad news - 5.6.4.4632 (272632) public is the latest version - Tools > Options > General > tick - "Update to pre-release version when available" for future versions.  There's no current beta.

Archived