Phone and computer gets sync error. Creates new Note.

Jlb77

Idea

When I update on my computer, and then try to sync I get The message "There is a sync conflict and conflicting changes"  then it creates a new note with the changes I've made

I never set up notebooks and I don't know what the conflict is.  

It won't let me delete the notebooks.

Can someone help?

And now one of the notes is missing from my phone although it is on my computer.  Syncing does not work.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I've done most of what was suggested and nothing worked.  I don't have the time or energy to figure out an app I just installed. I just don't care that much about Evernote to put this much work into it.  I've already deleted the app from my phone and computer.

Sorry to see you go.  I agree, syncing should be something that is automatic, always works, and something the user never has to worry about.

Having said that, I have found that if I sync manually, and often, and particularly at the end of a session and day on EACH device, then I avoid 99.9% of the sync issues.  Remember that each device syncs with the Evernote Cloud (not with each other), so you have to make sure you sync on one device before you switch to using with another device.

I've done most of what was suggested and nothing worked.  I don't have the time or energy to figure out an app I just installed. I just don't care that much about Evernote to put this much work into it.  I've already deleted the app from my phone and computer.

Sorry to see you go.  I agree, syncing should be something that is automatic, always works, and something the user never has to worry about.

Having said that, I have found that if I sync manually, and often, and particularly at the end of a session and day on EACH device, then I avoid 99.9% of the sync issues.  Remember that each device syncs with the Evernote Cloud (not with each other), so you have to make sure you sync on one device before you switch to using with another device.

I was doing that.  No matter what I did it told me that it couldn't sync with a notebook. I never made any notebooks, they just appeared and no matter how many times I synced, closed the app and every restarted my phone, one of my notes never made it to my phone.  

Also I see that I can only post 2 more times today  So if I was trying to work out a problem and need ongoing help I'd have to stop at 5:32 today.   Sorry none of the works for me.

• Level 5*

AFAIK, the ONLY time Evernote creates Notebooks are:

1. New account -- creates a NB named something like "Username's Notebook"
  2. Conflicting Notes
    • If you edit the same note on two different devices, EN will create a new NB named "Conflicting . . ." and put one version in that NB

The other thing to remember is that if you have created (perhaps by accident) a LOCAL NB on your Mac, Notes in that NB will NOT sync by design, and therefore you would NOT see them on your iPhone.

AFAIK, the ONLY time Evernote creates Notebooks are:

1. New account -- creates a NB named something like "Username's Notebook"
  2. Conflicting Notes
    • If you edit the same note on two different devices, EN will create a new NB named "Conflicting . . ." and put one version in that NB

The other thing to remember is that if you have created (perhaps by accident) a LOCAL NB on your Mac, Notes in that NB will NOT sync by design, and therefore you would NOT see them on your iPhone.

That's what happened.  This just does not work for me.  Thanks for your time.   I'm done with EverNote.  

Archived