Help with syncing

casey1000

I know this probably sounds like a stupid question to most people but I just can't seem to sync Evernote on my laptop with Evernote on my ipad.  I've looked around the site for help but nothing seems to make sense to me.  If someone has a few minutes to help me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Casey, see Troubleshooting Sync link below.

One point:  you don't acutally sync between two devices.  All devices/platforms sync with the Evernote Cloud.  I always make sure I do a MANUAL sync on the device I'm using when I am finished with Evernote for the moment.

• Level 5*

I think I figured out that I'm having trouble because my account on my lap top is not connected to my account on my ipad.  I must have created a new account on ipad when i downloaded the app.  How do I combine the 2 accounts without losing anything?

Share all the Notebooks in one account with the email address of the other account.

Then, in the other account, join these NBs, and copy the Notes to its own Notebooks.

• Level 5*

I agree, it should be simpler & easier.  You're probably having trouble because you have to be in two different email accounts when you do the sharing/joining.

Maybe it would be easier for you to use the export/import process:

Use these instructions to export and import from one account to another: https://evernote.com...rticle/28607737

AFTER you do the export, you will need to log out of that account, and log into the other account that you want to move the Notes to.  Do the IMPORT there.

Archived