my evernote is not syncing from my windows 7 desktop

my evernote is not syncing from my windows 7 desktop. At the sync icon I have an explanation mark within a small red circle.  and a notice comes up saying SYNC FAILURE DUE TO UNEXPECTED BEHAVIOR AT THE CLIENT SIDE. some things do sync and others to very long or do not at all. to my chromebook or my Galaxy S5.  I have attacked a picture of the symbol I get in the SYNC ICON.  

love the program but this is no good. thanks ED

post-169167-0-17893700-1405553343_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hi - you seem to be raising separate Win 7 / Chromebook / S5 sync failures in the same query,  but your account lives on the server via Evernote.com and is copied and updated to those three devices when they sync.  It's pretty common to have problems syncing from time to time,  just because the internet connection is busy at the server,  or locally in your area.  Sync failures can also be due to your upload limit expiring for the month,  note titles containing illegal characters,  or notes being too big.  I'd recommend you concentrate on getting your desktop to sync correctly,  then ensure that the other two items are also synced,  otherwise there's a danger you could lose information by syncing an old change from the S5 over the top of a more recent change on your desktop.

Hi - you seem to be raising separate Win 7 / Chromebook / S5 sync failures in the same query,  but your account lives on the server via Evernote.com and is copied and updated to those three devices when they sync.  It's pretty common to have problems syncing from time to time,  just because the internet connection is busy at the server,  or locally in your area.  Sync failures can also be due to your upload limit expiring for the month,  note titles containing illegal characters,  or notes being too big.  I'd recommend you concentrate on getting your desktop to sync correctly,  then ensure that the other two items are also synced,  otherwise there's a danger you could lose information by syncing an old change from the S5 over the top of a more recent change on your desktop.

This problem has been going on for a few weeks now. I have not reached my limit ever, I could be using illegal character in titles thats possible, not sure what to look for in that, and thanks for your help

• Level 5*

When you have time,  try restarting your desktop and closing anything else that opens automatically on startup - just run the Evernote desktop client.  Make sure you have an internet connection.  Click the Evernote Sync button and check whether it will complete correctly - give it a few minutes to try. 

Check for anything in your Trash notebook and delete that,  and try again.

If all that fails,  click Help > Activity Log and save the log.  If you're a premium customer check out the Chat option on the Support page (see below).

When you have time,  try restarting your desktop and closing anything else that opens automatically on startup - just run the Evernote desktop client.  Make sure you have an internet connection.  Click the Evernote Sync button and check whether it will complete correctly - give it a few minutes to try. 

Check for anything in your Trash notebook and delete that,  and try again.

If all that fails,  click Help > Activity Log and save the log.  If you're a premium customer check out the Chat option on the Support page (see below).

Thanks so much for your help I DELETED ALL MY TRASH AND IS NOW WORKING. it did have 595 messages now none and no not in the sync. icon.

Archived