Duplicate notebooks?

Tgoodp

With the latest release every time I edit a notebook and then return to the home page there are Duplicates of the same notebook. Every time I edit a notebook, it creates a new one showing the new additions, but previously edited copies of the notebook still appear. If I click on one of the older copies of the notebook it brings up the full notebook with most recent edits. I've got multiple copies of the same notebook all over the place because it shows the most recent notebooks first. Is anyone else having this issue? I saw a similar thread but wasn't sure if it was the same issue or not. Any suggestions appreciated.

I would suggest logging into your Web Account of Evernote and see if duplicate Penultimate Notebooks are appearing there.  If they are not, it is probably an issue with the Penultimate App on your device.

If that is the case, you could back up all your data by syncing.  Make sure your data shows up in the Web account. 

Then uninstall Penultimate from the device and do a re-install.  Then Sync again to download your data back to the device. That will fix your immediate problem hopefully.  Then put in a Support Ticket explaining what happened.

If your Penultimate Notebook in the Web account is showing multiple duplicate Notebooks, then you need to put in a Support Ticket: 

http://evernote.com/contact/support/

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I'm a (sorry) somewhat technophobic user, seeming to be growing more so daily.  Part of the aging process, perhaps.  

Anyway, I have been using EN for several years, mostly on my Mac mid 2010 MacBookPro, (recent upgrades to Mavericks & EN 6.0.8)  but am paying to share across devices so have it on an iPad as well.  I am now also using shared notebooks to plan travel with some friends.

So far, so good, but today duplicate notebooks (in those shared with friend) started showing up.  I read this fix and  I did check the WEB site and things look normal there. 

I don't believe I have Penultimate installed, unless it came as part of an EN update (searching in the App folder & with "searchlight" (or "spotlight" or WETF it's called --  there--  that's that testy technophobe / jargonphobe coming out)...   shows nothing under Penultimate.  

It appears that this only affects  CERTAIN shared notebooks, which are shared with only ONE of the friends I'm traveling with, and perhaps which my friend has recently edited.  Perhaps the problem is on her machine?

Any thoughts / help?   If I delete one duplicate notebook, do I risk deleting them all?  (Since changing one notebook changes the duplicate, too).     Should I uninstall / reinstall EN.  If I do that, is everything I've created "safe" on the web site?    

oh, also, weirdly, when I tried to delete one of the "shared costs" duplicate note books, as described above, (control click on notebook) the drop down menu, which normally includes a "delete" option, did not have one!!

Thanks for any help,

Alexis

Archived