is it possible to delete pixs from iPhone without deleting them on evernote?

I use Evernote to help my partner keep track of our spending - when I get a receipt, I create a note in a notebook that I share with him, and take a photo (from within evernote) of the receipt.  that way he can track all the money being spent.

but my camera roll in iPhone is starting to get cluttered with tons of photos of receipts!  Can I delete these photos off my iPhone without also deleting them from the Evernote notebook?   If so, I saw discussions that it is not easy to delete a photo from evernote iPhone... is there a trick to doing it?

thank you in advance... I've looked for an answer for this in the Evernote help section and forum topics for a while, but no success,

Welcome to the Forum.

Yes, you can delete the photos from your camera roll without affecting the photos you have stored in your Notes.  They are two different apps, each holding a copy of the receipt.

I have read the same discussions in regards to deleting a photo from a Note and they make it sound far more difficult than it is. 

From a mobile device (iPhone/iPad), simply place the cursor to the right of, or just below, the image and press the delete/backspace button.  That will delete the image.  On a Mac Desktop/Laptop, it is done the same way, but it is a bit easier to place the cursor with a mouse/trackpad.

I hope this helps!

Archived