Suggestion: Hoisting

I used to use Omni Outliner and thought one of its best features was the ability to hoist/unhoist bullet points/sections within a "note". I use Evernote for a lot of writing and brainstorming. The ability to hoist (hide) content under a heading/title/bullet point is great for keeping the workspace clear to be able to focus on what one is writing.

I just saw that another app/online app called Workflowy offers this feature. I really would like to see Evernote add this feature.

Thanks for your consideration.

Evernote does what it sets out to do (storing and retrieving information) pretty brilliantly (IMO) but as a text editor, Evernote it a pretty good toaster. Much can be said for Evernote as an outlining program.Though they have said they're working on improvements to the text editor, Evernote doesn't seem to be in any hurry to make changes in that part of the system. Based on that, I'd guess that adding outlining features is pretty far down the priority list. But that is just my guess. Evernote staff do read these posts so you can consider the suggestion made. If you want to do something more formal, you can submit a support ticket. The link is in my signature.

Meanwhile, I know that a number of people on this forum use Workflowy and then copy the outlines into Evernote for storage and searching.

Best of luck.

• Level 5*

I just saw that another app/online app called Workflowy offers this feature. I really would like to see Evernote add this feature.

Workflowy does a really nice job with outlining and you can cut and paste from there into Evernote for storage, but I agree that Evernote would be enhanced for many if it included outlining.  It would be a helpful addition to their presentation mode.  I suspect that getting this supported and working across all the platforms that Evernote supports would be quite the challenge and may be the reason why the long awaited editor enhancements haven't appeared yet.

Archived