Cardmunch Integration: TERRIBLE

So I took the bait and clicked yes to Cardmunch Intergration into my Evernote Premium Account:  Only to discover that what was a useful integrated user experience on the CardMunch app is not transformed into a disorganized random collection of "notes" about each person,  the notes as undifferentiated from the other notes as my grocery list is from thoughts on a new white paper.  So I put them all in a Notebook -- but the he very least Evernote could have done is think about organizing these uploads as an 'address book' -- but no -- this is completely functionless -- and of little use.  

#evernotecardmunchintegrationfail

• Level 5*

Thanks for the feedback,  sorry you're having a not-so-good experience.

Cardmunch is a very new integration and typically Evernote cover the basics on a first attempt and then add bells and whistles as they go along.  I'd expect there to be some quick upgrades to the service,  but if you have suggestions as to how this application could be better adjusted to fit your use case,  please give us some more detail.  As my signature says,  the devs do read these forums for ideas so you can help guide the further development of the add-in.  It helps if you include details of the device(s) that you use to access the service,  because developments for each platform tend to proceed at their own rate.

Hey Gazumped -- thanks for your note -- it was far more realistic (and acknowledging) than my interaction with customer service, and definitely took my edge off.

I would love to have an Evernote based business address book, especially integrated with the card scanning function...that way the 'address book' would be independent of my notes library, but accessible and integrated...

• Level 5*

Glad you're more relaxed.  I'd guess that the card scanning integration has to go somewhere,  and it makes sense to make more use of the information captured - you could have a look at "templates" meantime to get your data into a more professional shape,  and Evernote Business which seems like a more natural home for that sort of function...

The support ticket link below is also for feedback to the Evernote teams,  so if you're inclined to spec out the sort of functionality you'd want from an address book,  you could see whether you can influence their development by sharing...

Archived