Syncing Question

Hello,

I'm a new user of Evernote.   I'm using the app on an iPhone and loaded the destop software on my PC. 

Two questions:

1)  Is it possible to sync between the two devices using a cable instead of the cloud?   For certain security reasons, I don't want to use the cloud with this tool.

2)  If #1 is possible, is it possible to sync my Evernote data between my iPhone and a PC-based laptop?

Sorry if these are dumb questions.  I'm new to both iPhone and Evernote.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hello,

I'm a new user of Evernote.   I'm using the app on an iPhone and loaded the destop software on my PC. 

Two questions:

1)  Is it possible to sync between the two devices using a cable instead of the cloud?   For certain security reasons, I don't want to use the cloud with this tool.

2)  If #1 is possible, is it possible to sync my Evernote data between my iPhone and a PC-based laptop?

Sorry if these are dumb questions.  I'm new to both iPhone and Evernote.

Thanks.

EN on mobile devices always syncs with the EN cloud. No getting around that.

If you don't want certain data in the cloud, you can keep those notes in Local notebooks in the desktop app. These notes won't sync to the cloud, but that also means they won't be accessible by your mobile device.

For secure data on your mobile device . . . well, plenty of us are hoping EN will implement zero-knowledge encryption.   :)

Archived