iPad Free App not synching with Windows 7 Laptop - different Evernote addresses

Hi - I'm a new user and cannot figure out what step I am missing.  I have the free app on my iPad and Evernote on my Windows 7 laptop.  I just received notification that my Evernote address has changed.  How do I update that address on my iPad?

2nd Question:  I cannot synch the notebooks from my iPad to my laptop but the laptop entries sync onto my iPad when I access Evernote through Safari but not via the app.  How can I make the two match?  Thanks.

Hi - I'm a new user and cannot figure out what step I am missing.  I have the free app on my iPad and Evernote on my Windows 7 laptop.  I just received notification that my Evernote address has changed.  How do I update that address on my iPad?

2nd Question:  I cannot synch the notebooks from my iPad to my laptop but the laptop entries sync onto my iPad when I access Evernote through Safari but not via the app.  How can I make the two match?  Thanks.

Are you sure the notification is that your address has changed?  Evernote does not change your address.  The recent upgrades to the Windows client do ask you to verify your email address.  Is that what you're talking about?

Another option is if you went into settings & had your direct to Evernote email address changed.  But you would have triggered this b/c as I said above, Evernote will NEVER randomly change your address.  So if it's your login email address, then I think you're talking about the VERIFICATION of your email address.  If you're talking about your direct-to-Evernote email address, then you triggered this in settings & nothing more needs to be done.  That is the address you use to email things directly to Evernote w/o using an Evernote client.

Hi - thanks for your quick response:  This is the text I received:

Your Evernote email address has changed.

Send notes, snapshots, and audio clips to the address below:

Tip: Create a contact in your phone's address book called "Evernote" with the above email address.

The Evernote Team

Hi - thanks for your quick response:  This is the text I received:

Your Evernote email address has changed.

Send notes, snapshots, and audio clips to the address below:

Tip: Create a contact in your phone's address book called "Evernote" with the above email address.

The Evernote Team

That sounds like you went into settings & changed your direct-to-Evernote email address.  (The second thing I described in my above post.)  This is an email address you can use to email things (photos, files, forward emails) directly to your EN account w/o having to use an Evernote app.  This is by account.  So you don't need to change anything on any other clients with the exception of what is described in the note you received.  (IE, if you have it set up in your contacts to expedite emailing things to EN, then you need to make sure the new address is in your contact list.)

Archived